Is been 10 years since Robyn Rihanna Fenty bust onto the music industry scene as a diva known as Rihanna. she has had enormous success as a singer, fashion designer and actress. With a lengthy list of major achievements including record-breaking album sales, successful collaborations with major brands and roles in feature films, it’s hard to believe she was once just a talented 16-year-old Barbadian with a dream. At least until public-relations maven Jonathan Hay got ahold of her.
In the year 2005, Rihanna had just released her single “Pon de Replay.” The song was one of three she put together on a demo tape intended for rapper-turned-mogul Jay Z, according to Popdust.
“The song is undeniable.” ”Hay told International Business Times. “It was the perfect first single for a new artist. It set up her career perfectly and was such a great first impression.”
Throughout her decade long career, Rihanna has gone from an artist on the rise to a mega force across multiple industries. In addition to selling millions of records, winning eight Grammy Awards and taking home six platinum or multiplatinum albums, the 27-year-old has also carved out a respectable acting career, created a beloved line of MAC cosmetics and broken into the fashion industry
Face of the week * Kehinde Bankole
- Attention!!! Attention!!! Attention!!!
- Watch Gideon Okeke, Lepacious Bose, Nancy Isime in “Gidi Blues”
- Watch Tope Tedela, Kiki Omeili in “Happyness Limited”
- Watch Kiki Omeili, Femi Jacobs, Shaffy Bello, Lisa Henry Omorodion,and Paul Utomi in “Moth In A Flame”
- Watch Deyemi Okanlawon, Chelsea Eze, and Tamara Eteimo in “Its About Your Husband”
- 5,258 hits