From Dailytrust.com President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said he would not tolerate any form of violence against children even as he charged relevant agencies to ensure all perpetuators of such crimes face the full weight of the law.
President Buhari who was represented by the Head of civil service, Danladi Kifasi at the launch of the year’s action to end violence against children noted that this administration will ensure that all laws geared towards the protection and safety of the Nigerian child will be implemented.
The launch of the year of action to end violence against children is a response to a survey conducted by the ministry of women affairs and social development, National Population Commission, UNICEF, the US center for disease control and other agencies which revealed that over 60% of Nigerian children have suffered one or more forms of violence.
He added that children should henceforth not suffer in silence but speak out and seek justice as the government would see that their rights are upheld.
According to him, such matters were in the past not treated with the seriousness it deserves, adding that the present administration would improve on what the previous government did and enforce, “existing legislations policies and laws that protect children to change their situations”.
Face of the week * Kehinde Bankole
- Attention!!! Attention!!! Attention!!!
- Watch Gideon Okeke, Lepacious Bose, Nancy Isime in “Gidi Blues”
- Watch Tope Tedela, Kiki Omeili in “Happyness Limited”
- Watch Kiki Omeili, Femi Jacobs, Shaffy Bello, Lisa Henry Omorodion,and Paul Utomi in “Moth In A Flame”
- Watch Deyemi Okanlawon, Chelsea Eze, and Tamara Eteimo in “Its About Your Husband”
- 4,733 hits